This workshop will develop your understanding of innovation techniques and how to apply them to your organisation. This is a follow on event for people who have already attended an 'Introduction to Innovation' workshop.
VONNE is part funded via the Innovation SuperNetwork by the European Regional Development which includes the Catalysing Innovation in North East Clusters project, which is receiving up to £1.24m of funding from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020.
The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government is the Managing Authority for European Regional Development Fund. Established by the European Union, the European Regional Development Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support innovation, businesses, create jobs and local community regenerations. For more information visit www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding.
Innovation expert Michael Coates will introduce you to techniques that you can use immediately.
By the end of the workshop, you will have learned at least one innovation technique well enough to be able to apply it to your own products and services.
This workshop will refresh your prior knowledge of innovation and encourage you to share your experiences but will also:
- Introduce you to a range of “ideation” and innovation techniques
- Give you a detailed explanation of “Systematic Inventive Thinking” (SIT)
- Run through practical exercises using SIT and an initial look at applying it to your organisation
- Introduce you to the process needed to gather, filter and select viable innovative ideas.
- Identify possible barriers to innovation at your organisation and how to overcome them
- Agree next steps and possible further support
If you want to get ahead, then feel free to read Inside the Box: A Proven System of Creativity for Breakthrough Results but prior reading is not compulsory!
Alington House Community Association
4 North Bailey
Durham, DUR DH1 3ET