Whether you want to build a mailing list, understand your service users better, or think about your impact, these workshops will help you understand the confusing world of data and what it means for charities.
We are all constantly collecting and using information but in these workshops Tom Watson of The Good Ship will offer some tips and tools to help you make better decisions about why and how to collect, store and use data.
Through both sessions we will use practical examples as demonstrations. There is also an opportunity to tackle problems you may have live during the sessions, so during sign up you will be asked what you may want support with.
During this session we will explore where to start with data including:
● What do we even mean by data?
● How data can help with decision making
● How do we know what data to collect and why?
● A run through of the best free/low cost online tools for data collection and analysis
● Where to get readily available data sources
● How to store and share data internally
This is part one of two workshops, the second is on the 4 November – make sure you register for both to get the most benefit!
This event is open to organisations based in Newcastle, North Tyneside and Northumberland. If you want to attend the workshop but your organisation is out of the North of Tyne area, email email@example.com support.