We are delighted to announce the first in a series of new events for the sector, conceived in partnership with our web developers Consult and Design.
Social Tech Meet North East aims to promote innovation and digital transformation across the VCSE sector and bring together organisations with a social purpose and digital specialists to:
- Identify problems that could be solved with new technology
- Explore potential technology solutions
- Create networking opportunities for people in the social and digital sectors
- Bridge the digital divide and build new partnerships
- Share learning, resources and good practice
The first event is happening on 7th March at Proto in Gateshead.
Come along for a drink and some pizza, and have a look around this amazing new centre for emerging technology in our region. We'll hear from some inspiring speakers including Pitch Black Productions, talking about how they have used immersive reality for social good, and staff within Newcastle CVS responsible for the creation of the Our Gateshead platform.
The event will run from 6-8.30pm and there will be plenty of time for networking.
Gateshead, NE8 3DF