Networking event for charities, community and social enterprise organisations working with children and young people in Newcastle and Gateshead.
This is an ideal opportunity to look at your organisation’s work with children and young people that may be facing a whole range of new challenges that many of us have yet to adapt to.
Although this is the last of NCVS' focused networking events of 2019, it introduces its new brand identity - Connected Voice, and its new Chief Executive, Lisa Goodwin. The event will be opened by Kim McGuinness, Northumbria’s new Police and Crime Commissioner, who will introduce a range of key speakers from not-for-profit or social enterprise organisations in Newcastle and Gateshead to share their experiences and inspire new ideas, including representatives from:
- The Children’s Society - who will present their work on the criminal exploitation of children and safeguarding young people at risk
- Edge North-East - who will talk about their local grass-roots mentoring programmes
- Samantha’s Legacy - a local not for profit which aims to educate young people about the dangers of knives and support families of murder victims; the focus will be on its project to bring the ‘Knife Angel’ to The Baltic in February 2020, to act as focus to engage young people about knife crime
- Kicks Project - Newcastle United Foundation, which engages more than 2 000 young people in 12 areas across the region in football and constructive activities, increases playing and coaching opportunities, breaks down barriers between the police and young people and reduces crime and anti-social behaviour.
A question and answer panel will give everyone the chance to open up discussion on the theme, and continue in an informal networking break, before smaller groups carry out focused conversations looking at:
- potential service development
- possibilities for partnership, and
- developing new opportunities for meeting the needs of the people we all seek to serve.
Registration is from 12:45pm and the event begins at 1pm. Register on Eventbrite.