Brook is offering professional training sessions on a variety of Relationship and Sexual Education (RSE) topics. The training is free of charge and specifically for Teesside professionals – your location will be checked when you register.
Teaching young people about consent equips them to have safe, ethical and enjoyable sexual experiences. This 3-hour training session is designed for anyone working directly with young people in any setting, who may have the opportunity to promote the positive sexual health of young people and support them in their sexual health choices.
This training course aims to support professionals working with young people to help them understand the law, gender norms, stereotypes and cultural factors which may affect their ability to consent, and support them to communicate and negotiate consent in their real-life experiences. Participants will be able to:
- Identify what consent means
- Describe some of the factors that may make it difficult to negotiate sexual consent
- Summarise the laws around sex and sexual consent
- Identify common myths about sex, sexual violence, rape and consent
- Recognise the difference between consent and non-consenting
Book your place on eventbrite.