This session on cultural competency by Connected Voice is for frontline workers in Newcastle from health and wellbeing services in the public and VCSE sectors.
The event will enable participants to connect with and deliver effective services to people across majority and minority ethnic communities.
This session will help improve:
- Knowledge of local ethnically minoritised communities and cultures
- Understanding of what local ethnically minoritised communities need
- Skills to help identify some of the barriers to accessing health services
- Confidence working with different communities
- Good practice to improve access into your service
The course is suitable for those with some experience of providing health and wellbeing services, and for those with or without significant experience of providing service to ethnically minoritized communities and individuals.
Delivery of this event will be through a 2-hour 15-minute Zoom meeting. To find out more and book your free place, visit Eventbrite.