VONNE Silver Membership+ supporters Durham Community Action are running a series of introductory one day courses
This 5 hour fully funded course will look at good governance and the role of trustees in it including the long-term direction of the organisation, its objectives or purposes, implementing policies and activities to achieve objectives, complying with legal requirements and accountability.
Aims of the Course:
- Understand the purpose, governance and objectives of each learners' organisation
- Explore the role of trustees and what a good governance process is
- Discuss lessons learnt and what you would do differently
- Consider trusteeship and good governance factors including the policies/procedures, legal requirements and long-term direction
- Identify good practice for the future