The world is complex. If we want to contribute to creating positive social outcomes, we must learn to embrace this complexity. This is the New World that funders, commissioners and those who manage social interventions, are discovering.
To explore and navigate this new world, people are working in a way that is:
- Human – recognising the Variety of ways to be human, using Empathy to build relationships, responding to the Strengths of other people, and building Trust.
- Based on Learning – they recognise that working in complex environments means continuous learning, rather than delivering standardised services
- Nurtures healthy Systems – because healthy systems create good outcomes
If you would like to find out more about this Human, Learning, Systems approach, Newcastle Business School and Collaborate would like to invite you to come and hear more.
If you attend, you’ll hear:
- What working in a Human, Learning, Systems way means
- From people who are working in this way - what they do, and how they do it
And you’ll have the opportunity to connect with others who are looking to make this shift, talk with them about what you might need to help you work in this way, and explore how you can be part of a wider movement for change.
Who is this event for:
- People who fund social interventions: funders and commissioners
- People who think about how places and organisations can work better: leaders and strategic managers
- People who make social interventions happen: managers and those who want to work differently on the ground
The event is free to attend but you must register your attendance via Northumbria University website.