This highly interactive, quality accredited Universal Credit training course has been designed to help support organisations involved in all aspects of social welfare to get to grips with Universal Credit.
We make our mark with dynamic delivery.
Through a combination of case studies, exercises, quizzes and insights from our welfare benefits ‘expert in the room’, you will be guided through the complexities of Universal Credit. This course can be delivered in a virtual classroom format or face-to-face, and we deliver both in-house and open public sessions.
What will you learn about Universal Credit?
- The detail of each of the six elements of Universal Credit, and the circumstances that will be determine whether each element will apply.
- The Universal Credit journey for the people behind the process, including the challenges, risks and practical steps involved in making a claim, how to manage a claim day to day to avoid sanction, and how to respond if things don’t go to plan.
- The changes in circumstances that will (and won’t) lead to ‘natural migration’ to Universal Credit from one or more of the six main ‘legacy benefits’: Housing Benefit, Income-based JSA, Working Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, Income-related ESA and Income support.
- The impact of migration to Universal Credit on the claimants (positive and negative).
- The hundred year journey to Universal Credit – through the evolution of the welfare state.
Register your place on Eventbrite.