A well-managed change can have a significant impact upon organisational performance by promoting a culture in which people feel engaged, included and valued.
This course will provide delegates with the opportunity to explore the change process, to consider their role in that process, and to understand how to achieve genuine buy-in of both hearts and minds. We will explore the role of three key factors; authentic leadership, effective communication and genuine involvement. Delegates will have the opportunity to reflect on their current practice, to explore the change process and to develop their skills, so that they may manage organisational and cultural change more effectively.
Who is this course for?
- Managers of Housing Options Team
- Housing Officers being considered for a management role
- Housing Officers who are currently ‘acting up’
- Other Managers or leaders of change.
- Understanding Change: exploring the change process
- Authentic Leadership: understanding your role in the journey
- Developing your Toolbox: the skills needed to manage change effectively.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the change process
- Recognise and manage resistance
- Engage staff and garner buy-in more effectively
- Draw-on a range of effective tools to help you to manage change and support staff more successfully
- Reflect-on your current practice and create an action plan to support the transfer of learning into practice
There is no charge to attend.
Light refreshments will be provided, however delegates will be required to supply their own lunch.
Tickets are restricted to primarily Housing Options Managers within Local Authorities, with a more restricted number of places available to managers from voluntary sector organisations.