This course is similar to the Introduction to Complex Trauma and Trauma Informed Care course for frontline staff but is aimed specifically at operational and senior managers.
Along with information about complex trauma and its impact, the course provides delegates with an understanding of why implementing TIC is necessary. Delegates are also introduced to an organisational self-assessment tool and given the opportunity to reflect on wider organisational systems and procedures.
Delegates will also be given information about how to recognise vicarious/secondary trauma within their team and how they will support their staff to implement learning from their own training.
Who is this course for?
- Operational and senior managers looking to implement TIC across their team or organisation
- Organisations who are not yet, or are in the early stages of, working in a psychologically informed way
What will you learn?
This 1 day course provides:
- An introduction to Trauma Informed Care and the need for trauma-informed services
- An introduction to complex trauma and its impact
- Vicarious trauma and looking after yourself and your team
- Seeing your organisation through the lens of trauma – a chance to reflect on learning
There is no charge to attend.
Light refreshments will be provided, however delegates will be required to supply their own lunch.