Wednesday, 13 November, 2019 - 09:00 to 16:00
Great North Museum: Hancock Newcastle upon Tyne
Imagine if... creative and cultural experiences supported children's mental health and well-being up to adulthood. That's what Culture Bridge North East is asking at its annual conference this year.
The day will include a mixture of keynotes and interactive sessions on:
- How children across the region think about their own mental health
- A young carer’s journey to become a social entrepreneur in the arts
- Connections between poverty and mental health, and a practical approach to tackling this
- Practical examples from primary and secondary schools collaborating with artists to support pupils’ emotional well-being
- How music and theatre have been used to help children explore and understand their own mental health, and
- How culture and the arts can be part of a supportive ‘habitat’ in school, in which young peopl can make sense of their own experiences and the world around them.
Find out more on the Culture Bridge North East website.