Introduction to Complex Trauma and Trauma Informed Care
Thursday, 8 November, 2018 - 09:45 to 16:45
This course will provide information and an opportunity to reflect on how your service can be a safe and empowering environment for staff and service users.
Who is this course for?
- Frontline homelessness workers with basic or limited knowledge of trauma
- Frontline homelessness workers with little experience in the field
- Staff from other sectors who have contact with homeless people/people with complex needs
- Organisations who are not yet, or are in the early stages of, working in a psychologically informed way
What will you learn?
This one day course provides:
- An introduction to complex trauma and its effect on attachment and the brain
- An introduction to Trauma Informed Care and practical tips on supporting clients to regulate emotion, manage behavior and risks and creating safe and empowering services
- An opportunity for you to reflect on your practice in relation to the above
- Vicarious trauma and looking after yourself