Are you interested in reducing reoffending?
Are you working with children and families in the community?
Does your work include improving outcomes for children or families?
Hidden Sentence training is for any employees or volunteers whose work brings them into contact with families of prisoners, including health professionals, probation/CRC staff, school staff, child care providers, social workers, youth workers, play workers, local authority staff or community/voluntary workers.
This one-day training course (designed by Action for Prisoners and Offenders Families) will give you a clear overview of the offender's journey, its impact on the family from arrest to release, and a range of strategies and resources to help you support them in your work.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understanding the impact of imprisonment on prisoners' families
- Improving understanding of the current criminal justice system and the offenders’ journey
- Understanding the support needs of prisoners' families
- Understanding the needs and wishes of prisoners' families
- Understanding how to improve the coordination of services to provide more effective support for those affected by the imprisonment of a family member
- Understanding how to improve own practice in supporting prisoners' families.