Women’s Whole Energy Systems Research and Industry Network (WERIN) would like to invite you to its resceduled networking lunch on fuel poverty alleviation.
In partnership with the Government Committee on Fuel Poverty, the group is asking the question ‘Will NetZero by 2050 result in complete fuel poverty alleviation in the UK?’
The event will start with a panel and audience discussion on the question, followed by a networking lunch. You are then welcome to join a further roundtable discussion. It will provide an opportunity for those involved in the energy industry, research and government communities to meet to promote collaboration on energy issues. The event is sponsored by WERIN.
Confirmed panel members:
• Jenny Saunders OBE, Committee on Fuel Poverty
• Liz Bisset, Committee on Fuel Poverty
• Dr Sara Walker, Reader in Energy, School of Engineering, Newcastle University and Werin Co-Director
• Helen Stockton, Research Manager, National Energy Action, National Energy Action (NEA)
• Laura Brown (Chair), Energy Research Programme Manager, Newcastle University and WERIN Co-Director
The event is open to all professionals, researchers and academics with interest in energy and fuel poverty alleviation.
There is a dial-in/webinar option for those who are unable to travel on the day but are still keen to be involved. Just register for the event, indicate you are joining us remotely and we will send you the joining details.
Please share the details of this event within your networks.
You can register for the event on the Newcastle University website.