The North East Fundraising Conference 2019, is brought to you by a partnership of Institute of Fundraising North East, VONNE and the Community Foundation Tyne & Wear and Northumberland, and will take place on 23 and 24 September at the Crowne Plaza in Newcastle with thanks to lead sponsor KEDA Consulting.
KEDA Consulting helps charities to raise the funding they need to make a difference in the world. Their mission is to help small to medium size charities to secure funding and develop successful fundraising programmes. With a focus on securing core funding for ongoing services and organisational costs, KEDA has worked with over 70 charities, raising over £18 million in the last six years.
If you want to increase your income and develop your fundraising skills, knowledge and confidence, KEDA are there for you.
The partners of the NE Fundraising Conference are dedicated to supporting the region's fundraisers with the tools and confidence they need to be the best that they can be.
That's why this year's conference theme is GROW: Grit. Resilience. Opportunities. Wellbeing.
We can guarantee you'll leave feeling inspired and excited to put your new ideas in action!
Membership+ supporter offer
As a Membership+ supporter you receive a £30 discount on the ticket price, discount codes have been sent to all members but if you haven't received it please email email@example.com.
Attendees of #NEFRConf19 will hear from our fantastic plenary speakers:
- Dr Sue Black OBE is our opening plenary speaker for Monday 23rd September, delivering her speech ‘If I can do it, so can you', the inspiring & motivating story of one woman’s determination to succeed.
- IoF Chair Amanda Bringans is closing plenary for day one. Amanda will tell the story of fundraising from the scrutiny of 2015/16 through GDPR to confronting some of the key challenges and opportunities for the fundraising community through better supporter engagement, tackling sexual harassment, embracing equality, diversity and inclusion and moving towards Chartered status.
- Sergio Petrucci is our closing plenary speaker for Tuesday 24th September, telling us about one very special fundraising journey. Sergio & Emma Petrucci began fundraising for CHUF in 2016, a year after their daughter Luna’s lifesaving heart surgery at Freeman Hospital. Since then the aptly named Red Sky Ball events have raised in excess of £305,000 for the Children’s Heart Unit at Freeman Hospital and 6 other district general hospitals across the North of England.
Other highlights include:
- (Nearly) Everything you need to know about Fundraising from Susan Robinson
- Legacy Fundraising sessions from Liam Clark-Brown and Chris Millward
- Digital Fundraising sessions from the teams at Care2, Donr and Cats Protection
- Expert advice on Community Fundraising from Hannah Taylor, Marie Curie and THINK (a Teenage Cancer Trust Case Study)
- Amy Appleton at KEDA Consulting and Mat Cottle-Shaw from Bone Cancer Research Trust on Lego Approach to Trust Fundraising
- Expert advice on Events Fundraising from Sam Moralee, CRUK and Ashley Elliott, St Oswald’s Hospice
- Major Gifts Fundraising Sessions from Barbara Gubbins, CBE and Helen Duncan of Hull University
- A Corporate Fundraising panel discussion, plus a separate session on securing new business from Holly Buckley, Leeds Building Society (formerly Marie Curie & Sue Ryder)
- A panel discussion on Creating Change, chaired by Crystal Hicks, Oasis Community Housing
- How to Access the Muslim Pound from Naeem Raza
- Advice on Entrepreneurial Charity Leadership from David Robinson, LD:NorthEast
- The Joy of Building Teams from Lianne Howard-Dace
- Learn about Beamish Museum’s Health & Wellbeing Programme from Sally Dixon
- Success with your CRM from Sophia Stovall, TWAM
Booking is open through Eventbrite and please enter your Membership+ discount code prior to selecting ticket type.