North East Public Health Conference: Purpose, Partnership and Passion – Harnessing our strengths to reduce health inequalities across the North East
The North East Public Health system recently consulted on the most effective way of engaging colleagues across the region to share learning. The outcome of this consultation is a one day conference which aims to:
- Celebrate and showcase achievements in public health across the North East
- Promote innovate public health practice and research
- Foster collaborative and cross sector working across the public health system to tackle emerging and future public health challenges
- Promote an asset based approach to improve the public’s health and reduce health inequalities
- Provide CPD opportunities to learn and share knowledge across public health networks
There will be an opportunity to attend a number of local presentations throughout the day from across the life course (starting well, living well, ageing well), and across all domains of public health (health and wellbeing, health care public health, and health protection). We would like to invite abstract submissions from across the sector to showcase and promote local work within these presentation sessions. To facilitate this process, please complete the attached abstract submission form if you would be interested in delivering a presentation. We are really keen to showcase work which focuses on the conference theme of reducing inequalities from across all 12 local authority areas, so please promote this as widely as possible through your networks and contacts.
The closing date for abstract submissions is Friday 7 December 2018.
Please note that places are limited and whilst allocated on a first come first serve basis, we want to ensure we get a good spread across the geographical area, and across the sector so please bear this in mind when booking multiple places on behalf of one service. Once registration closes, we will contact you individually to confirm your attendance.
Please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com if you have any queries.