Brook is offering professional training sessions on a variety of Relationship and Sexual Education (RSE) topics. The training is free of charge and specifically for Teesside professionals – your location will be checked when you register.
Young people may require support around their sexual health at any time. This 3-hour introductory level training session is designed for anyone working directly with young people in any setting who may have the opportunity to promote the positive sexual health of young people and support them in their sexual health choices.
This introductory level training aims to equip professionals working with young people with the knowledge, confidence and skills to effectively manage issues around sexual health, while promoting consensual, healthy and safe sexual relationships. Participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of key sexual health issues and the importance of young people sexual health services.
- List the different methods of contraception available to young people.
- Identify sexually transmitted infections (STI’s), the level of risk for different types of sexual activity, and how to prevent them.
- Explain confidentiality and the law in relation to sex, contraception and sexual health services.
- Identify local sexual health and wellbeing services to support and signpost young people to.
Book your place on eventbrite.