Think Big NE Social Enterprise Programme Masterclass 4: Investing for Growth
This Masterclass will help you to understand repayable finance (social investment) and how to become more investment ready. You'll learn what investors look for, how to engage with them and build a relationship.
We'll also explain why you should consider social finance when interest rates are still low. We will cover:
- Types of funding (philanthropic-grant/Investors-repayable finance/customers-revenue) and social investment - debt/equity.
- Uses of social investment - more than just asset purchase.
- Choosing the right investor - what they can offer - what they will want.
- Your building blocks - business plan/governance, structure/leadership and team/social impact/financial projections.
- Why your trustees should consider social finance.
Key speaker is Matt Smith, Chief Executive of Key Fund one of the UK's long-standing community finance investors. Matt will be joined by other sector experts including Mark Bickford, Director of Investments Social and Sustainable Capital (SASC). The Masterclass is run by GLT Partners Directors Tim Davies-Pugh and Lyn Cole - former Directors of Big Lottery Fund and Gillian Stacey, an experienced charity CEO.