Located: Primrose Lodge Rehabilitation Unit, Durham Road, Chester-le-Street, DH3 3JX with some community work in County Durham
Scale/Salary: PCP Band 5 point 9, salary £21,136 per annum
Hours: 37 hours
Term: Fixed term contract until 31st March 2022
DBS Status: Required
- To develop and provide activity coordination for the Primrose Lodge Community Team, a 15 bedded mixed sex rehabilitation ward supporting people with complex mental health needs.
- The ideal person would be motivated and enthusiastic and able to motivate patients into participating in therapeutic activity.
- To provide dedicated activity coordination for the unit which motivates and engages patients.
- To work with the rehabilitation team to provide ongoing patient support in the community.
- To develop an essential element of provision to patients who are following an inpatient pathway and, in conjunction with the multi-disciplinary team and patients.
- To develop a positive engaging framework of activities which can be delivered across the wards to promote therapeutic recovery.
- To be willing to carry out personal development and training to improve knowledge and skill base appropriate to the role.
- To provide a flexible approach in line with the needs of the service, which may include weekends and evenings.
- To provide recovery focused support for patients on the ward.
- To identify areas of service improvement seeking new and innovative ways to engage residents in activity.
- Enthusiastic delivery of activities working alone at times, and as part of multi-disciplinary team.
- To maintain professional boundaries and ensure that high standards of care are achieved at all times.
- To be a positive role model for and to operate within the policies and procedures of PCP.
- To effectively demonstrate and carry out line management role in line with the organisations core values.
- To be responsible for the collation of appropriate monitoring and evaluation information to support the achievement of agreed targets and outcomes within the project or service.
- To liaise with relevant teams to ensure that opportunities are maximised for service users/clients.
- To adhere with financial processes and procedures and ensure that all resources purchased are within the allocated cost code budget(s).
- To work to develop and apply appropriate monitoring, evaluation and quality tools in accordance with the quarterly performance monitoring procedures.
- To ensure quality standards are developed and maintained.
- To recruit and support volunteers as required.
- To comply with PCP policy & procedures.
- To monitor and maintain health and safety and security within the workplace in line with PCP policies
- To undertake any training and development deemed appropriate.
- To undertake any other such duties required by your Line Manager or the Chief Executive