K|E provide supported activities from our base in North Tyneside to adults with learning disabilities, mental health problems or acquired brain injuries. Through their involvement with us individuals develop practical skills within our working departments whilst building confidence and a sense of community. Service users can also take part in a range of community based activities such as bike rides, kayaking, football, music, educational trips and much more. We provide a unique service that mixes adults with differing diagnoses and complexities providing opportunities and experiences found nowhere else.
We are seeking to appoint a value driven Administration Officer with relevant experience and/or qualifications to deliver our day-to-day front of house and administration tasks. The post is multi-faceted and provides a varied mix of tasks. The successful candidate must be comfortable working alongside adults with often complex needs. In return we can offer a living wage salary, healthcare cash plan, company pension, free lunches and a rewarding work environment.
The post holder will:
- Deliver administrative support to the staff team;
- general reception duties including supporting service users to complete basic reception duties and admin tasks;
- monitor who is accessing the building and ensure registers/sign and safe and well procedures are followed;
- handle queries by telephone, email, and drop-ins including customers, service users and external parties;
- update the Company’s social media accounts ensuring effective engagement and communication with stakeholders;
- utilise systems implemented by management including updating personnel records;
- working flexibly as required;
- handling of petty cash and receiving payment for sales;
- to operate under the general direction of the General Manager, Service Manager and Company’s Board and comply with all approved policies and procedures;
- to maintain an effective working knowledge of the Company’s policies and procedures;
- to promote the Company where appropriate.
- Qualifications or experience relevant to the role;
- An understanding of mental illness and learning disabilities;
- An approachable, empathetic manner;
- The ability to prioritise tasks and manage a varied workload;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Experience of working in an office environment in a customer facing role;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and other commonly used office packages;
- Experience of using customer record management software;
- The ability to work flexibly and adapt to changing workloads;
- A working knowledge of data protection principles;
- A problem-solving approach to work.
- Experience of working in a mental health or learning disability setting;
- Understanding of the fundamentals of safeguarding;
- Experience of effective use of social media.
The role is based at our Benton, North Tyneside, premises for 33 Hours per week (Mon Thurs 08:30-16:00, Fri 08:30 – 2pm).
To discuss the role contact Anthony Robinson, General Manager on 0191 2701138 and to apply for the position please send a C.V. and covering letter - showing how you meet the essential criteria above - to email@example.com