22 hours per week (negotiable)
Acorns offers a range of therapeutic and support services for children, young people and families affected by domestic violence and abuse, in North Tyneside and Northumberland.
We are recruiting for a dynamic and motivated individual to run an established, trauma informed counselling service for adults at our premises in North Shields Town Centre, which offers therapeutic services for primary carers – of any gender – whose children attend Acorns. This is an exciting opportunity to continue to develop a successful, flexible, responsive service that enhances our service offers for families, in line with the ongoing development of our ‘whole family’ approach.
The post holder will deliver counselling sessions to clients aged 18+ affected by trauma related to their experiences of domestic abuse, as well as support a small team of volunteer and student counsellors to deliver a quality service. You will have experience of managing teams in a service setting, and have a diploma in counselling or equivalent, ideally with at least two years’ post-qualification experience with substantial proven practice hours, and be skilled at working with clients who have experienced trauma. We offer person centred therapy however we welcome applications from counsellors/therapists who are also trained in other/additional therapeutic interventions such as CBT and EMDR which would add flexibility and choice to our offer.
This service currently runs on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays however there may be some flexibility around this if needed.
- A starting salary of £27,500 rising to £29,500 when competencies achieved (pro rata for part time hours)
- Ongoing training in our trauma informed approach and the TIME © model that informs our work
- Excellent holiday entitlement of 24 days, rising to 29 days per annum, plus public holidays
- Family friendly policies to support work/life balance and time off in lieu for out of hours work
- Business and travel expenses
- Funded clinical supervision up to £55 per month
- Monthly group clinical supervision sessions
- Regular inter-team skills sharing sessions
- Funded CPD
- Mobile phone, laptop and related equipment provided
- Dedicated counselling space and workspace for this service
- Friendly, team environment where we support each other to achieve
To apply please call us on 0191 3498366 and ask for an application pack, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see our website www.acornsproject.org.uk for more information on our work. The closing date for applications is Thursday 3rd November, with interviews scheduled for Friday 12th November.