The Business Manager will be responsible for providing leadership, developing and implementing NONDET’s strategic and business plans, leading on partnership and business development, and being an effective advocate for the charity and its beneficiaries. He/she will also provide operational management and financial control, and ensure good governance across all aspects of the charity.
Role: Business Manager
- Hours: Full Time (37 hours per week): 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Place of Work: NONDET’s Head Office (currently 8 Kings Road, North Ormesby, Middlesbrough)
- Reports to: Chairperson of Board of Trustees
- Line management: Playgroup staff, Community Shop staff, Market Supervisor, Finance admin, Housing Admin, all volunteers
- Salary: £30,000- £35,000 pa depending on experience
- Benefits: Contributory Pension Scheme
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification.
- Proven track record of achievement in a senior position within a charity/not for profit organisation over at least ten years
- Experience of working in the Housing sector.
- Experience of working in the Childcare sector.
- Experience of effective partnership working and development and external relationship management.
- Experience of managing, motivating and developing staff.
- Experience of business planning, business development and fundraising.
- Experience of project management and service delivery across multiple functions.
- Financial management skills including budgeting and delivery of cost and income targets.
- Robust approach to governance, controls and definition/implementation of new processes. Experience of financial and risk management.
- Experience of working in Outdoor Markets
- Experience of managing organisational change.
Skills and knowledge Essential
- Inspirational leadership, management and motivational skills.
- Highly organised and personally effective.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence, both face to face and in writing.
- Strong financial skills, including the ability to analyse budgets and accounts and manage an annual budget of over £300,000.
- Outstanding business development skills.
- Rigorous analytical skills.
Skills and knowledge Desirable
- An understanding of the issues affecting people in Middlesbrough community.
- Knowledge of the housing sector.
Personal attributes Essential
- Positive, confident, assertive, pro-active and dynamic.
- Inclusive and flexible, with a consultative approach to leadership.
- Ability to pursue the mission and objectives of NONDET with demonstrable passion, drive and commitment.
- Committed to best practice and with a drive for continual improvement.
The appointee will also be expected to be fully IT literate and have access to a car and a clean driving licence.
Applications packs are available by email email@example.com or by phone 01642 909840 or by hand at 34 Market Place, North Ormesby, Middlesbrough. TS3 6HR
Closing date 30th June 2019