Mission: working together to help make people and communities stronger and healthier through education, training and support for mental health and wellbeing
Vision: to be the most trusted mental health and wellbeing charity
Purpose of job
Tyneside and Northumberland Mind have been successful in securing funding for a ground-breaking new service – Alternative to Crisis Tyneside and Northumberland Mind (ACT), this funding has been secured from Newcastle / Gateshead CCG.
This is an opportunity for someone to join a new team working in an innovative new service which will be meeting the post pandemic needs of the communities.
The project will consist of: -
- Call Handlers on a Support Line, 7 days per week, 8am until 10pm.
- A Listening Service which provides short-term confidential support in a series of one-to-one appointments. Listeners offer clients a safe space without judgement to explore any issues or difficulties they are experiencing and receive support around coping strategies or signposting, working through goal setting or simply a friendly chat for those experiencing isolation. Support is available as telephone appointments, text messages or emails.
- A Clinical Lead and Project Co-ordinator.
- Clinical Coaches to work with clients who are heading towards crisis but not yet in crisis. Clients who can not access our brief therapy counselling service. They may have had contact with the Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Team (CRHTT) but deemed not in need of CRHTT intervention. The client will be referred through either their GP or CRHTT.
Scope of the Job
The post holder will offer clients a set amount of support hours (this could be different for each client depending on their assessment), which will consist of counselling and other holistic support.
- To provide a range of therapeutic interventions
- To provide assessment, including risk assessment, of clients referred for therapy
- To work to a person-centred approach, select and deliver a range of appropriate therapeutic interventions in collaboration with the client
- To work within an appropriate time framework
- To make appropriate onward referrals following therapy or assessment for clients requiring other services, including statutory and voluntary agencies
- To maintain clients’ confidentiality within agreed guidelines
- You will usually work with clients on an individual face-to-face basis
- You will work with clients who have been referred to this service via Newcastle or Gateshead Crisis team (initially) or GP’s. You will work with the client for a set amount of hours, either providing counselling or any other holistic services that you deem necessary to support the client.
- Responsible for safeguarding vulnerable adults by promoting the welfare of clients at all times and operating within local policies and procedures
- Under guidance and support taking appropriate safeguarding action to protect vulnerable adults at risk of significant harm
- To share appropriate information with other agencies regarding the client’s wellbeing and progress keeping within the boundaries of Confidentiality and Information sharing protocols
To provide a professional and ethical service
- To maintain appropriate electronic records including all required assessment and evaluation tools
- To undertake an appropriate amount of clinical supervision from an internal qualified Clinical Supervisor
- To ensure a safe and secure working environment for self and others and to take action as necessary within Health and Safety and other guidelines
- To adhere to all Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- To promote and value the rights, responsibilities and diversity of people using the Servic
- Ability to remain solution-orientated
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, challenging environment
- Ability to participate in shared decision making
- Ability to identify triggers, patterns of avoidance and safety-seeking behaviours
How to apply
To request an application pack please email email@example.com
Closing date for completed application forms is Monday 31st January at Midday
Response to vacant posts has become extremely heavy. We regret, therefore, that it is not possible to acknowledge receipt of application forms or to write personally to all applicants.
Interviews are expected to be held week commencing 7th February 2022
If you have made an application and have not heard anything by that date, you are asked to assume that your application has been unsuccessful. Should this be the case we would like to thank you for your time and effort in submitting your application and hope that this does not deter you from applying for other vacancies within Tyneside & Northumberland Mind.