We are recruiting someone who is enthusiastic, has great communication skills, is creative and self-motivated. This is an exciting new role and you will join a small friendly team and be part of a growing organisation.
You will help communities to bring about social change and improve the quality of life in the local area. You will be actively involved in community development and work with individuals and whole communities, empowering them to:
- identify their assets, needs, opportunities, rights and responsibilities
- plan what they want to achieve and take appropriate action
- develop activities and services to generate aspiration and confidence
- involved in addressing inequalities
- recruit and support volunteers and co-ordinate the volunteer team
A key feature of the work is developing the Community Library.
You will act as the link between communities and a range of other local authority and voluntary sector providers and service deliverers.
The hours are 24 per week for a fixed term of 2 years.
Closing date is 30th August 2019
Interviews to be held week commencing 15th September 2019
For an application pack please contact Lynsey Angus on 0191 4558122 or email firstname.lastname@example.org