Cover Supervisor Role
Accepting applications as soon as possible and by Friday, 29th October, 2021 - 17:00
Benton, North Tyneside
Key Enterprises 1983 Ltd
Key Enterprises is a registered charity providing supported activities to adults with acquired brain injuries, learning disabilities or enduring mental health problems. Activities take place within practical departments including gardening, woodwork, metalwork, and bike maintenance. We are seeking a pool of cover supervisors to work on a casual basis supporting our existing staff team. If you would be available to work flexibly, have experience of supporting adults with additional needs and are passionate about creating positive opportunities please get in touch.
Hours: This post is to provide cover for when other staff members are off, and to increase capacity when required. Hours therefore will vary and will be offered on an “as needed basis” but always between 8:30-4:30 Monday - Friday. No hours are guaranteed however we currently have availability for some regular Tuesday shifts between now and the end of the year.
Place of work: These posts will be based at Key Enterprises, Unit 36 North Tyne Industrial Estate, Bellingham Drive, Whitley Road, Benton, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 9SZ (opposite Benton Asda).
Cover Supervisor (Casual) Role Profile
Key Enterprises is a charity based in Benton, Newcastle Upon Tyne that offers a range of activities to adults with mental health problems and learning disabilities. At the forefront of our service offer is the provision of supported activities with a practical focus.
Salary: £11.01 per hour
2. The role of Cover Supervisors
Cover supervisors are employed to ensure the safe provision of supported activities at Key Enterprises. This includes covering for department supervisors annual or sick leave. Where possible instructions will be left and tasks allocated, however there may be opportunities where you have to use your initiative to find/create appropriate tasks. You will be responsible for supervising up to 7 service users at any one time.
3. Main duties
The duties of a cover supervisor include but are not limited to:
- carrying out duties as advised by a manager;
- supporting service users to complete appropriate tasks safely;
- supporting appropriate social interaction of service users;
- helping create a positive and safe environment;
- working flexibly to meet the changing needs of the service;
- representing Key Enterprises positively when completing work on or off site;
- raising any concerns with managers in a timely manner;
- working in line with the policies and procedures of Key Enterprises;
- undertaking training as required.
4. Time commitment
The cover supervisors are employed on casual contracts so hours will vary. There are no guaranteed hours, but they will be offered as needed and will be between the hours of 8:30-4:30 Monday - Friday. Cover supervisors have the right to turn down any hours they are unable/unwilling to work.
5. Person specification
Cover supervisors must have:
- a commitment to the work of Key Enterprises;
- recent relevant experience (ideally of supporting adults with additional needs);
- excellent communication skills;
- patience, enthusiasm, ability to work flexibly;
- a proven ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
Cover supervisors should also have skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- bike maintenance;
- mental health, learning disabilities, or brain injuries.
To discuss the post and apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV. More information about the charity can be found at www.key-enterprises.com