Moving On Durham
Full time 37 Hours per week
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on the 10th May 2021. If you would like an informal discussion about the role please contact email@example.com
The Development Manager will work closely with the CEO to deliver the charities fundraising objectives. Building upon our existing work, the post holder will assist Moving On by providing quality information, evaluation and development to support the submission of high quality funding applications to suitable external organisations, community fundraising and marketing. This post will focus on service development and expansion, including fundraising, partnership building, programme development and promotion.
The Development Manager will report directly to the CEO.
Programme Management and Development:
- Work closely with the CEO and other members of the team to produce high quality funding applications and budgets in line with the Moving On Durham Business Plan.
- Work closely with the CEO and teams to support the profile raising, communications and marketing activities of the charity, developing and delivering sustainability for the organisation.
- Work closely with the CEO to identify potential funding and contract opportunities; contributing to and, at times, leading the development of high quality proposals in line with the organisation’s targets.
- Work with the CEO to manage monitoring requirements and ensure all reports or monitoring information and payment requests are submitted to deadlines and are of a high quality.
- Represent Moving On Durham at strategic forums, networking meetings, conferences, seminars and external meetings across the statutory and voluntary sector to influence policy development and enhance impact and reach of services.
- Work closely with Moving On teams to maximise all external partnerships, relationships and opportunities.
- Manage grant or service contracts with partner organisations to ensure outcomes, outputs and quality standards are met.
- Keep abreast of and report on relevant training, good practice, emerging trends and sector developments to ensure that Moving On Durham is a leader in the local sector.
- Contribute as required to the wider work of the team.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Essential or highly desirable
- Knowledge of the housing or youth work sector.
- Knowledge and practical competence in finance and budget management, bid writing/fundraising within a team.
- A working knowledge of marketing and communications including social media, website and public relations.
- Working knowledge of how to access professional networks in this or a related field of work.
- Knowledge of local authorities and government structures.
- Knowledge of UK voluntary and community‐based networks related to supported housing and young peoples issues.
- Knowledge of database management.
- Web site management or commissioning.