Sunday, 29 November, 2020 - 17:00
Pioneering Care Partnership
30 Hours per week
1. Ensure the work of HWST is credible in representing the views of local people and amplifying their voice.
2. Ensure that HWST has a trustworthy digital presence that builds on its principles and core values.
3. Ensure that all marketing and promotional material produced are in line with Healthwatch England branding guidelines.
4. Contribute to the development and implementation of Enter and View arrangements ensuring that they are effective and credible, using learning to inform recommendations for improvement.
5. Contribute to the Information and Signposting function of HWST to the public about complaints and access to local health and social care services.
6. Support the work of HWST in contributing to local commissioning and public engagement activities.
7. Implementation of the HWST communication strategy.
8. Assist staff in developing systems to promote analysis of key performance data. .
9. To ensure that active participation of members of the public and interested parties in all aspects of HWST activity is not hindered by discrimination, prejudice, assumptions or vested interests and is accessible to local communities.
1. Develop and implement mechanisms to capture insights, analytics and intelligence to inform the Healthwatch South Tees (HWST) work plan.
2. Contribute to the production of reports, co-ordinating contributions from others and ensuring these are disseminated widely.
3. Undertake regular analysis of local, regional and national trends relevant to this role and the work of HWST, providing information to support decision-making as appropriate.
4. Lead HWST communications activity, working with other colleagues internally and externally as appropriate.
5. Develop relationships with relevant key stakeholders who can positively support the promotion of Healthwatch South Tees work through a range of mechanisms.
6. Support all HWST priorities by maximising opportunities for engagement, reach and impact.
7. Contribute to effective governance arrangements of HWST, through the provision of support to the Partnership Board, Leadership and Delivery Group and any task and finish groups.
8. Attend and participate in a range of relevant networks, forums and partnerships to further the objectives of HWST, amplifying the voice of local people.
9. Manage the collection of quantitative and qualitative data from a wide variety of contexts. Providing a timely summary and analysis function to inform the HWST work plan including internal and external monitoring requirements.
10. Develop innovative and creative ways in the marketing of HWST as well as the engagement of the communities we support
11. To assist in the delivery of an effective Information and Signposting function for HWST and input data onto Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
12. Produce information as required for publications and other communications channels including newsletter, e-bulletin social media and website
1. To be a positive role model for and to operate within the policies and procedures of PCP and HWST. Including but not exclusive to Health and Safety, Safeguarding and responsibilities in line with PCP’s Equality and Diversity Policy.
2. Respect and adhere to HWE guidance.
3. To be an ambassador for PCP and HWST at all times.
4. Ensure quality standards are developed and maintained.
5. Undertake training in line with organisational requirements and development plans agreed with your line manager.
6. Take responsibility for meeting all relevant targets and deadlines.
7. Participate fully as a member of the staff team, attending meetings, sharing information and providing support in the event of staff absence or sickness.
8. Contribute to PCP’s organisational planning and policy.
9. Be responsible for own administration.
10. Contribute to the maintenance of a working environment in which diversity is respected and equality of opportunity is promoted.
11. Undertake other duties as required by your line manager.