Salary £22,912 per annum (pro rata) 21 hours a week - fixed term post
Connected Voice Haref is expanding its services and we are looking for a new member of our high performing team to deliver our work to support services and health improvement to Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities in Newcastle and Gateshead. This new role will involve:
- Working with our Haref Allies to highlight barriers to services and encourage good practice within health and wellbeing services.
- Supporting health and wellbeing services to identify knowledge and skills gaps in their delivery for ethnic minority communities.
- Sharing good practice, information and training opportunities with our Haref Allies for inclusive health service delivery.
- Highlighting local issues relating to health within ethnic minority communities.
- Supporting local communities to have a voice with health and wellbeing services.
The successful candidate will work closely with The Haref Coordinator and health and wellbeing services in Newcastle and Gateshead, to help improve service accessibility for local communities.
We are looking for someone with:
- A good understanding of the health and wellbeing challenges affecting ethnic communities.
- Experience of connecting and supporting different organisations to develop health improvement initiatives.
- Experience of working in different communities and experience of community development work, particularly with people from minority / marginalised groups.
Connected Voice Haref is part of the Connected Voice family and it aims for health equality for ethnic minority communities in Newcastle and Gateshead. Our main office is in the centre of Newcastle and Connected Voice has a particular focus on tackling inequalities. We are currently working remotely and anticipate a mix of home and office-based working in the future.
The post is for 21 hours a week on a fixed term contract until 29th September 2023
For more information about the role contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download an application pack from www.connectedvoice.org.uk
(Please note that CVs will not be accepted).
Closing date for receipt of application forms is 12.00 noon on Wednesday 7 July
Interviews will be held on Friday 16 July
Connected Voice is an equal opportunities employer.
Registered charity: 1125877
Company registration: 6681475