We are recruiting for an Enterprise Officer to lead the delivery of the Grow into Work employability programme and support the Community and Education provision at The Alnwick Garden. Working with internal departments and external employers you will be an ambassador for the charity, responsible for providing high standards of delivery and support to beneficiaries.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Detailed Responsibilities; include the following, other duties may be assigned.
1. To develop and engage with a network of organisations to promote and raise the profile of The Alnwick Garden employability and enterprise programmes.
2. To be responsible for delivery and support of The Alnwick Garden employability and enterprise programmes including Grow into Work and Seeds for Success.
3. To develop clear referral pathways with community partners for recruitment of beneficiaries onto The Alnwick Garden employability and enterprise programmes.
4. To identify work placement opportunities for beneficiaries within The Alnwick Garden and with external employers and community partners.
5. To support beneficiaries engaged in the programmes through group work facilitation and one-to-sessions.
6. To develop and review session plans and content and update where necessary in accordance with best practice.
7. To monitor and evaluate progress of our beneficiaries through assessment of needs, action planning and reviews.
8. To ensure there is an exit plan in place for all beneficiaries completing the programmes.
9. To measure and evaluate the social impact of the programmes and report back to manager and external funders.
10. To plan and co-ordinate training for volunteers who support with coordination and delivery of the programmes.
11. To ensure that all of the appropriate risk assessments are in place for activities.
12. To work closely with and provide updates to all departments within The Alnwick Garden to ensure they are aware of current programmes, initiatives and events relating to employability and enterprise.
13. To maintain accurate and up-to-date records, paper and electronic, as required by The Alnwick Garden and external funding contracts.
14. To comply with The Alnwick Garden policies for working with young people, vulnerable people, recruiting safely, safeguarding, health and safety and data protection.
15. To take a proactive approach to self development and keep an up to date working knowledge of best practice associated with the area of work.
16. Attend all necessary internal/external training courses and team/ steering group meetings as required.
17. To assist the charity team to promote all charitable programmes and activities to a range of clients.
18. To develop a sound knowledge and support delivery of all charitable programmes as required.
19. Carry out other duties as may reasonably be required by The Alnwick Garden.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience of working directly with young people who are NEET within a voluntary or statutory organisation
• Experience of working with vulnerable, unemployed people with a diverse range of issues showing an understanding for the challenges they face in gaining employment
• Experience of providing employability support
• Experience of groupwork facilitation and/or delivering training
• Experience of supporting individuals progress through goal setting and action planning
• Experience of using coaching techniques to help people achieve goals and reach their full potential
• Knowledge of local provision and community networks for disadvantaged groups and individuals
• Knowledge of the benefits and financial support systems within the UK
• Ability to build relationships and engage effectively with a range of stakeholders, community partners, beneficiaries and colleagues demonstrating excellent communication skills
• Ability to work independently upon programmes and initiatives whilst recognising the importance of collaborating with and being part of a team
• Ability to use IT software packages and case management systems
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
• Information Advice or Guidance (IAG) awards
• Solution focused coaching
• Delivering training or learning
• Groupwork skills training
• Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends as required
• UK Driving license and access to a car
• This post will be subject to a DBS check and clearance to work with vulnerable group
To download a Job Description and Application Form please visit https://www.alnwickgarden.com/careers/