Salary: £28,226.00 pro rata
Hours: 22.5 hours
Location: Ashington with travel across Northumberland
Deadline: 09:00am on Wednesday 24th August 2022
Interviews: Friday 26th August 2022 & Tuesday 30th August
Northumberland CVA is looking for an experienced, highly organised & hands-on Executive Assistant, who will provide support to the Chief Executive, the Chair and the Senior Management Team
The successful candidate must have previous experience in a similar role and will take responsibility and ownership of project monitoring reporting, deadline compliance, management of important documents and files, whilst also helping to facilitate communication across the sector.
You will provide a comprehensive secretariat service to the CEO and Board of Trustees and you will have line management responsibilities. You will need a good level of interpersonal skills and must be able to relate and engage with a broad range of people at all levels. You must have excellent time management skills and be able to multi-task, with a strong attention to detail. You will be positive, self-motivated, flexible and have the ability to work independently.
If you are a hardworking, flexible and driven individual who displays a positive, professional can-do attitude, then you are the person we are looking for!
Northumberland CVA (Northumberland Community Voluntary Action) is a membership charity and a local infrastructure organisation. We support our communities and enable people by providing high quality services to help our local charities, voluntary groups, and social enterprises operate safely and legally and support them to develop their capabilities to deliver their own services. We also act as an advocate for the voluntary and community sector in Northumberland by providing a platform for our members to share their perspective, tell their story and address issues that affect them and their communities.
As well as these core infrastructure services, we also deliver a range of projects and activities that benefit the communities we serve, from employability services to support for older people to help them retain their independence.
We are currently working from both the office and from home and your role may involve some travel.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your duties will be varied and include, but are not limited to:
- Managing complex and busy diaries for business and personal entries, including scheduling internal and external meetings.
- Attending meetings, when required, taking and circulating meeting minutes and actions. Following up to ensure any raised actions are completed
- Performing general administration and secretarial activities to support the CEO, Chair and, if appropriate, Senior Management Team in delivering against organisation objectives
- Managing high-volume email inboxes
- General office management tasks, as required
- Acting as point of contact when necessary, providing a friendly customer service
- Liaising with all stakeholders within the organisation, maintaining a highly professional attitude at all times and adapting communication to suit the audience
- Supporting the provision of a quality service to all our stakeholders
- Direct Line Management
- Working within the ethos and values of the organisation
- Working within our Equal Opportunity Framework
- This post will require some occasional travel and so the successful candidate will need to have access to regular transport and the ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the post.
Hours of work
Monday – Thursday 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. 30 minutes for lunch, with occasional evening work, for which time off in lieu will be given. We operate a flexible working scheme and encourage discussion concerning hours or flexibility.
If you would like any further information or an informal discussion please contact: Caroline Rogan: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: M: 07826 547685
For an application pack please visit the Northumberland CVA website
Deadline for submission: 9:00am on Wednesday 24th August
Please note: CV’s will not be accepted.
If you have not been contacted by the interview date, your application has been unsuccessful.
We reserve the right to close the application deadline early.