J O B V A C A N C Y
Funding and Research Manager
35 hours per week, £27,937 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Age UK Sunderland for a motivated Funding and Research Manager. The successful candidate must have a substantial track record of successful bid writing and funding maximisation. The post holder will be responsible for seeking potential funding streams to grow the Charity’s income generation, supporting the sustainment and development of services for people aged 50+ across the City of Sunderland whilst supporting organisational quality marks and marketing.
JOB TITLE: Funding & Research Manager
LOCATION: The Bradbury Centre, Stockton Road, Sunderland
RESPONSIBLE TO: The Director
Purpose of the post
To proactively seek funds via a range of sources and complete areas of research appropriate to this and the work of Age UK Sunderland whilst ensuring all quality standards are supported.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The post holder will be responsible for seeking potential funding streams to grow the Charity’s income generation, supporting the sustainment and development of services for people aged 50+ across the City of Sunderland.
- Support the Director in the development, delivery and monitoring of the fundraising and development strategy
- Undertake market scoping ensuring that potential new business opportunities are identified and evaluated
- Support the Director in the development and implementation of new business opportunities including financially viable services and developments which meets the unmet needs of older people in Sunderland.
- Be responsible for writing and developing a range of fundraising plans, research and funding proposals and materials.
- Prepare high quality tenders/bids for submission to a range of funders and project manage processes which require specialist knowledge
- Supporting ongoing review of organisational competitiveness and identifying areas of improvement
- Identify and develop strategies to maximise unrestricted income
- Work collaboratively with staff, volunteers and external partner organisations to maximise joint fundraising opportunities and raise public awareness.
- Manage an on-going programme of activity to secure new income.
- Monitor various fundraising streams and potential new projects and ensure they are properly researched and developed into funding applications.
- Work with Age UK Sunderland’s SMT to monitor project funding and ensure timely actions are taken to replace/sustain funding when required.
- Ensure compliance with all funding monitoring, including report writing and feedback as required by individual funders.
- Manage and seek to maximise the voluntary income of the charity, including all web based resources including Local Giving and Virgin Money Giving.
- Plan, develop and action a long term legacy and donation strategy.
- To actively target corporate donors to maximise fundraising activity
- Provide national and local research and statistics in relation to older people’s issues.
- To support Age UK Sunderland’s Older People’s Council to campaign for the needs of older people via local & national campaign initiatives
- To support in the attainment and sustainment of identified organisational standards
- To ensure effective marketing of Age UK Sunderland service delivery
- To liaise with finance manager in the development of budgets for tenders/bids
- To abide by and implement all policies and procedures of Age UK Sunderland, including being aware of and responsible, corporately and as an individual, for Health and Safety policy.
- To undertake all reasonable tasks, in keeping with the level of responsibility of the post, as requested by the Director.
Experience of designing and implementing financially viable programmes and service development.
Sound research and report writing experience
Proven experience of development and implementation of service outcome monitoring and evaluation.
Substantial track record of successful bid writing and funding maximisation
Proven experience of designing, developing and completing tenders and grant applications for public sector contracts and Trusts.
Sound understanding of public sector commissioning and procurement processes.
Experience in voluntary sector and/or health & social care.
Experience of developing services and working in partnership with other organisations.
Sound understanding of safeguarding process and procedures.
Good understanding of organisational quality marks and process.
Experience of marketing services via a variety of platforms including social media
Sound understanding & experience of conducting research and presentation of findings
Experience of campaigning activities
SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
High level of self-motivation and ability to work to deadlines.
Strong workload planning and prioritising abilities
Ability to ensure implementation of, compliance with and development of systems to manage information and use effectively
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Successful bid writing and reporting abilities
Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
Professional and methodical approach to work
Positive and flexible attitude with a ‘can do’ approach
Innovation and drive for service improvement & development
Prepared to be ‘hands on’ if necessary
KNOWLEDGE & OTHER
Up to date knowledge of legislation and policy relating to older people
Understanding of the health and social care context, including the personalisation of services
Sound social research experience
Understanding of the implications of working within a charity/voluntary organisation
Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
This post is subject to DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
To request an application pack you can email email@example.com or download one directly from our website www.ageuksunderland.org.uk. Alternatively send a large SAE for 93p to Age UK Sunderland, Bradbury Centre, Stockton Rd, Sunderland. SR2 7AQ. Tel: 0191 5141131. CV’s are not accepted for this role.
Age UK Sunderland is an Equal opportunities Employer
Registered Charity 1086995
Closing date: Thursday 27th February 2020 (9am)
Interview date: Tuesday 3rd March 2020