STEPNEY BANK STABLES
Funding / Admin Manager
Permanent Part time role 22.5 hours per week
Salary £20,475 - £24,375 pro rata
To be responsible for increasing revenue from existing activities through effective marketing and the development of new income generation streams by writing successful funding bids . To be responsible for the line management of the Receptionist and Financial Administrator and the development of office and IT systems. To work closely with the Centre Manager on Funding bids including producing necessary evaluations and reports.
- Assist in sourcing funding opportunities and writing funding bids, this is an integral part of this position, candidates should have good literacy skills and a flair for writing
- Carry out and coordinate promotion and marketing/outreach activities at an organisational and individual service level
- Coordinate the production of promotional materials across the range of media ensuring a high design standard and brand consistency. Media will include paper-based and electronic forms (including social media).
- Assist in the development of timetables and adding these to the computer to balance supply and demand, in conjunction with the Centre Manager.
- Help develop income generation activities, working with the Centre manager to develop new and existing income streams in line with the Strategic Plan.
- Developing and maintaining the external face of the organisation, and maintaining effective networks with all principal supporters and stakeholders.
- Perform reception duties, welcome and communicate with all customers, members, groups and schools and other visitors to the Stables. Responsible for front of house enquires and assisting in the recording of statistical data and all other related information
Skills and experience
- Experience of writing funding bids- working in the third sector
- Good standard of general education and competent literacy skills –Ability to write in a clear concise manner
- Good communication skills
- Good I.T. Skills -A working knowledge of Microsoft Office including developing and maintaining databases, which can be demonstrated along with an understanding of the requirements of the GDPR
- Demonstrate an ability to overcome difficult situations, setbacks and pressure and a willingness to get things done –
- Able to work on own initiative and as a team member –
- Have a positive approach to behaviours that could present challenges –
· Carry out and coordinate promotion and marketing/outreach activities.
· Coordinate the production of promotional materials across the range of media ensuring a high design standard and brand consistency. Media will include paper-based and electronic forms (including social media).
· Liaise with external suppliers on requirements and production deadlines for materials and ensuring these are met.
· Develop channels and coordinate distribution and placement of service leaflets and other promotional materials and advertisements.
Accountable for ensuring all customers, guests and visitors receive a warm, friendly and efficient welcome to the Stables.
To undertake relevant training, attend relevant conferences and be up to date on service developments.
To undertake other duties as requested by the Chair of the Board of Trustees. If any other duties become a regular requirement of the post, the Job Description will be reviewed.
Provide cover for absent colleagues.
Carry out administrative duties in connection with the post
Board liaison and governance
To provide written and verbal reports to the Board of Trustees and to contribute to external reports as required.
To attend Marketing sub-committee meetings.
Organisation & Planning - The ability to organise and manage their own time, activities and resources in an efficient and effective manner, prioritising tasks, setting realistic goals and objectives that recognise the scope, constraints and parameters of their role. Using and monitoring schedules, plans and systems to successfully manage a number of pieces of work / projects concurrently, ensuring deadlines are met and their work / outcomes are of a consistently high standard.
Communication - The ability to express ideas or facts effectively, at all levels, in a clear and persuasive manner. Is articulate and able to ensure that the information being supplied is relevant and presented concisely and appropriately given the audience. Asks questions, listens carefully and responds in a positive and appropriate manner. Displaying confidence when talking to people that they do not already know and able to quickly build rapport.
Commercial Awareness – Understands the organisation and its external environment in order to make sound commercial judgements and to identify ways to generate income, eliminate inefficiencies and improve performance.
Innovation – Demonstrates the ability to come up with imaginative solutions to organisational and commercial situations; and that they possess the capabilities to identify radical alternatives to traditional and existing methods and approaches.
Influencing - The ability to influence, persuade or convince others to take a particular course of action, by being confident to voice their own opinion in a constructive manner. They demonstrate that they can persuade other people to adopt their viewpoint through logical and reasoned discussion, whilst anticipating and planning for potential objections. They are adaptable in their personal approach whilst always maintaining the focus of the discussion and their receptivity to the views and objections of others.
Self- Motivation - Displays a high level of drive and determination to achieve results and succeed; overcomes barriers to success with persistence and commitment. They are enthusiastic and constantly seeking out opportunities for personal development. Are able to work under minimal supervision, setting goals, targets and objectives for themselves and demonstrating a track record and an underlying desire to exceed these once set. They clearly show that they demand very high standards of themselves and that they are hungry for success.
Customer Focus - Understands the needs of their customers and responds appropriately to customer enquiries, requests and complaints; striving to achieve total customer satisfaction by also demonstrating the ability to show due respect for customers feelings and beliefs. They view working with customers as a pleasurable part of their job and clearly demonstrate an enjoyment of this aspect of their role.
This role description is not intended to be exhaustive in every respect but rather to clearly define the fundamental purpose, responsibilities and dimensions for the role. Therefore the role description does not describe any individual role holder. In addition to the contents of this role description, employees are expected to undertake any and all other reasonable and related tasks allocated by line management
For more information or to apply for this position please send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org Tel 0191-261-5544