The post is to oversee the development and effective delivery of high-quality community-based services under our locality model approach. The successful candidate will lead, motivate and challenge a team who deliver a variety of roles in a dynamic and changing environment.
This role is part of our Senior Management Team and as such you will work alongside other members of the senior team to develop and implement the organisation’s strategy. This will require compromise, team work and a willingness to follow through on decisions in the best interests of the organisation as a whole.
- To manage people and to delegate as projects develop
- To lead and develop community-based programmes under the Understand and Build sections of our Strategic Framework.
- To plan, mobilise, deliver and wind down projects
- To manage external relationships and influence commissioners
- To promote services, show leadership, be creative about service design, keep abreast of developments in the field and develop business as a result
- To develop, implement and monitor budgets relating to community-based programmes under the Understand and Build sections of our Strategic Framework, ensuring that the services within this programme are delivered within budget.
- To manage systems, processes, quality and culture
- To be responsible for reporting on projects
Just as our values are key to our ways of working, attitude is key to our staff team. We work in challenging, changing circumstances with a very vulnerable client group. We are looking for someone who can take initiative and lead on the parts of our organisation that need improvement. We are looking for someone who enjoys working closely with others and can build effective relationships.
We are looking for someone who is open to change and able to deliver quickly and efficiently.
The person we’re looking for will:
- Have an entrepreneurial approach; be able to identify opportunities and quickly mobilise new projects
- Have the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, including funders, commissioners, partner organisations as well as people with a learning disability and those with significant communication barriers.
- Have a high level of emotional intelligence, the ability to empathise, and a genuine desire to help others
- Be able to solve problems and challenge existing ways of working, and take people with them in solutions
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills and the ability to effectively prioritise own busy workload and that of a team
- Have experience of managing change, providing direction and challenge, whilst motivating and supporting others
- Have experience managing and evaluating projects
- Have experience managing large project budgets
- Have a positive attitude towards those at risk of exclusion from community life
- Have a flexible approach to work as some evening and weekend work may be required
- Experience of working with people with learning disabilities or other vulnerable groups is desirable but not essential.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 9am on 29th November 2019.
For more information about this role, please call Dave Woolley on 0191 478 6472.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all and would especially welcome applications from people with BAME backgrounds.