Your Voice Counts is a charity which has expanded considerably in the last five years, and we are looking for a part-time Head of Finance to develop and embed strengthened financial processes, and improved forecasting, budgeting, and financial reporting.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Finance Director will be a key member of the Leadership Team and be responsible for the day-to-day management of Your Voice Counts’ accounting and financial functions, including development of enhanced accounting controls and procedures and provision of regular financial information that will enable management and Board to monitor financial performance. In addition, the Finance director will be responsible for creating and maintaining a rolling 3-year financial forecast and detailed current-year budgets, as well as supporting business case development for new funding bids.
This role is part of our Senior Management Team and as such you will work alongside other members of the senior team to develop and implement the organisation’s strategy. This will require compromise, teamwork and a willingness to follow through on decisions in the best interests of the organisation as a whole.
The Head of Finance will:
- Own the day-to-day management of YVC’s financial processes and controls.
- Forecast, monitor, analyse, interpret and report on YVC’s financial performance through insightful and efficient financial routines.
- Develop and own all aspects of financial performance reporting, including review, challenge and interpretation of all material variances against budget, forecast or prior periods – ensuring that the CEO, Senior Leadership Team, Treasurer and Board have a full understanding of financial results, financial position, and value drivers.
- Define, analyse and interpret financial management information and results, determining and recommending courses of action to drive value and improve financial performance
- Drive the financial planning, budgeting and forecasting process for the company ensuring that the business is challenged and informed in making key strategic decisions
- Provide analysis and guidance on cost efficiency and optimisation
- Be a proactive member of the CEO’s senior team, building effective working relationships with the senior leadership team and Treasurer.
- Lead and develop the Finance Officer
- Support risk management regimes
- Support key ad-hoc strategic analysis and investment decisions
- Own the relationship with the external accountants
- Lead on financial report to external funders and commissioners
Just as our values are key to our ways of working, attitude is key to our staff team. We work in challenging, changing circumstances with a very vulnerable client group. We are looking for someone who is able to take initiative and lead on the parts of our organisation that need improvement. We are looking for someone who enjoys working closely with others and is able to build effective relationships. We are looking for someone who is open to change and able to deliver quickly and efficiently.
- Qualified accountant
- Experience at a senior level within an operating environment with a reputable organisation
- Charity sector experience preferable
- Ability to drive change and work in an agile manner
- Proven track record of contribution to strong financial performance
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Thursday 5th December.
For more information about this role, please call Dave Woolley on 0191 478 6472.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all and would especially welcome applications from people with BAME backgrounds.