North East Law Centre (NELC) is urgently looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Immigration Advisor/Solicitor to join our expanding team. A successful candidate must have IAAS/OISC Level 2/3 accreditation, good working knowledge of the UK asylum, immigration and nationality law; excellent verbal, drafting and interpersonal skills; high standard of client care; good organisational skills; ability to produce consistently high quality work as he/she will be expected to manage his/her own workload.
The candidate will be required to support all our funded projects that provide free one-off advice sessions to people on low income, as well as privately paying clients. They will also be required to provide training and workshops, as well as second tier advice to partner organisations and professional bodies.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Either a qualified solicitor or an OISC Level 3 accredited caseworker − Level 2 (senior caseworker) accreditation under the IAAS
- At least two years' experience (or part-time equivalent) of maintaining a caseload of complex asylum and immigration cases in line with OISC/IAAS and LAA regulatory requirements;
- Significant experience of providing immigration, asylum and nationality legal advice −
- Experience of appeals in the First Tier Tribunal and the Upper Tribunal, including working with counsel;
- Commitment to social justice and tackling inequality in the immigration system.