Income Generation Director (interim)
Purpose of the role:
To shape and implement the income generation strategy so that The Key’s strategic and operational objectives can be achieved.
Reporting to CEO (interim)
2 direct reports – Fundraising and Marketing Manager & Business Development Manager
2 indirect reports within Income Generation team
1. Lead, manage and develop the skills and capabilities of the Income Generation Team so that individuals feel valued and capable of delivering the team’s objectives and income generation targets.
2. Generate leads and foster relationships with future funders, donors, contractors, commissioners and influencers to enhance the medium and long term reputation and success of the organisation.
3. Support the Business Development Manager in identifying and developing new income streams including contracts and community/corporate fundraising to contribute to current income generation targets and support growth and long-term sustainability of the organisation.
4. Support the Fundraising and Marketing Manager in preparing bids to grant making organisations to give the bids the best chance of success.
5. Oversee delivery of the marketing strategy (including campaigning and PR) so that the impact of The Key on young people can be maximised.
6. Provide stewardship and reporting to existing funders, contractors, donors, and commissioners to ensure that they are well-informed about the impact of their contribution and want to continue to invest in The Key.
7. Develop the income generation strategy and pipeline for the next financial year so that personal and team income targets support the organisation’s goals and priorities.
Skills and experience
- Proven track record of successful income generation in the charity sector
- Proven track record of successful, proactive lead generation in the charity sector
- Experience of generating income via community fundraising
- Experience of developing and nurturing fruitful corporate partnerships
- Excellent bid writing skills
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- Ability to work effectively in a small team
- Experience of winning public sector contracts
- Marketing skills and knowledge
- Gravitas and charisma
- Authentic and passionate about the cause
- Bright / high intellectual capacity
- A relationship builder with high levels of emotional intelligence
- Target driven
- A self-starter
- High levels of resilience
- Up for a challenge with a positive attitude
- Able to finish tasks and close deals
- A creative, flexible and strategic thinker
- Ideally 34 hours per week
- £30k to £35k per annum
- Fixed-term 10 month contract – June 2019 to end April 2020
Application process and timescales:
- To apply, please download the candidate pack before sending a CV (no more than 2 pages) and a 1 page covering letter to email@example.com
- Closing Date: 3pm Friday 26th April
- Interviews to be held on Wednesday 8th May
Please contact Victoria Dunn if you have any questions regarding the role or for an informal discussion on 0191 7317837 or Victoria.firstname.lastname@example.org