Job Title: Marketing and Engagement Manager
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: £26,000 - £27,500 depending on experience
Responsible to: Executive Director
Are you a marketing professional excited by the thought of working with an organisation making a real impact for North East communities? We are seeking to appoint a new Marketing and Engagement Manager to take our communications to the next level, and to support the success of our programmes helping people to start and grow thriving, sustainable businesses. The role is a great opportunity for someone with a strategic mindset, who is confident leading and delivering diverse marketing activities, from digital content to partnerships to events. Fast-paced, with the opportunity to implement new ideas, you’ll be engaging with a range of stakeholders, from CEOs to young Founders to VCSE organisations. Whether you have experience in the business support sector, or are a marketeer passionate about working with diverse communities, we want to hear from you!
A social enterprise based in Newcastle upon Tyne, PNE exists to support the North East economy to develop and thrive with, and through, its local communities. Our diverse portfolio of programmes and support interventions strengthen the aspirations, skills and knowledge of local residents and organisations, providing sustainable solutions to social and economic challenges.
We provide a wide range of interventions, including business support services, grant management, leadership development, activities engaging and upskilling groups in enterprise competences, and programmes helping those facing additional barriers to participate in enterprise activities.
In 2020, we directly supported 748 individuals and 267 organisations with our services. We distributed £428K of client funding to VCSEs across the UK to deliver enterprise related projects in their communities and reached over 1,750 with online workshops. To date, we have helped over 11,500 businesses to start-up and supported over 80,000 individuals with their professional development.
The purpose of the Marketing and Engagement Manager role is to deliver PNE’s marketing strategy, champion PNE’s profile across relevant business, education and government networks and to support individual projects to meet their objectives by providing a range of marketing and engagement activities. Through network and community building, delivery of marketing campaigns and events, relationship management and other content creation, the role will support the business development team to meet its strategic aims and help projects fulfil their potential for impact, for funders and beneficiaries.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- The writing and delivery of the PNE marketing strategy, including social media campaigns and other digital media to showcase PNE's impact in the North East region and position it as a potential delivery partner for key influencers, funders and investors in the UK
- Planning and coordination of external communications to ensure clarity and consistency of message across the Group
- Effective partner and stakeholder relationship management and development
- Planning and project management of work and activities related to the role (i.e. line-management of the Marketing Assistant, budget, reporting, process development, compliance etc.) in line with internal project management processes/procedures and client/stakeholder requirements
- To support the PNE leadership team in the implementation of the strategy through effective support of business development activities and relationship management
- Responsible for achieving income generation targets and increasing revenue streams through the sale of skills and services to new and existing PNE clients
- Contribute to effective monitoring and impact measurement systems and processes across PNE to support in the profile building and storytelling element of PNE communications
- Ensure that website content is up to date and fit for purpose in line with strategy including production of case studies, blogs and updates on past programme beneficiaries
- Use project reporting tools to collate data and identify impact and trends to support PNE business case for funders, investors and stakeholders
- Devise and agree a plan to promote and story-tell project news, giving updates on the wider enterprise scene to build the network and sense of identity.
- Ensure attendance at key sector meetings and events to develop PNE awareness of sector activity and identify potential opportunities for partnership/funding to share with business development team
- Plan and organise PNE events and network meetings as relevant to project outcomes or strategic positioning
- Support a library of PNE assets and business information containing, for example, videos, factsheets, business tips, training sessions to support the delivery team
- Prepare the annual Impact Report to demonstrate activity, showcase innovative work and share impact of PNE projects and programmes effectively with a wide range of audiences
- Provide advice, consultancy and support to clients and service users around effective communications, social media and brand development
- Oversee and manage project scope, tasks, deliverables and timelines as required
- To be fully aware of GDPR and Copyright requirements and ensure that data protection regulation is met across all relevant areas of role
- To support PNE in achievement of the strategy and demonstrate commitment to sustainable, responsible and ethical practice across all areas of the role
Required Characteristics (essential to the role)
The role requires a high level of knowledge and experience in content creation, content syndication, content writing, project management, client and stakeholder relationships, carrying out social media campaigns, as well as a firm grasp of ICT and strong communication skills. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Three or more years’ experience in a related field.
- Experience planning, managing and executing successful social media campaigns.
- Experience using a range of IT tools, databases, programmes and systems.
- Experience of writing for the web, in particular crafting engaging social media messages.
- Experience using a range of social media tools including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages.
- The ability to write creatively, clearly, and compellingly.
- An eye for detail and impeccable grammar.
- Able to work with minimal direction and supervision; well organised and self-motivated.
- Able to think strategically and be results-driven.
- Must be delivery focused and able to work to targets and tight deadlines.
- Ability to engage with service users in a professional but friendly manner.
- Experience of project management.
- Experience of line-management
- Experience using data and analytics tools
- A confident and outgoing nature is a must.
- Strong commitment to customer care, service delivery, best value and continuous improvement.
Advantageous Characteristics (desirable)
We particularly welcome applications from candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Evidence of continual professional development
- Membership of a relevant professional institute
- Experience with website management platforms.
- Experience of CRM software
- Experience of SharePoint software
- Knowledge of the international enterprise space and the youth enterprise sector and/or the business planning process.
- Knowledge of Data Protection, GDPR, IP
- Public speaking experience
Additional Role Details
The requirements of the role are to be met over 37.5 hours per week on a full-time permanent contract. The post is open to job-share. Please state on your application if you are applying in a job-share capacity.
There will be a small element of travel attached to this role; in addition to some occasional working outside of usual office hours to support with events.
Successful applicants are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure and provide satisfactory references.
We conduct both ourselves and our business in accordance with our values, which form the foundation upon which we develop our services, interact with staff and select our partners and business associates. We believe in the importance of: Respect for the diverse contexts we work in; Innovation and creativity; Sustainable development; Ethical, responsible and transparent conduct; Supporting communities.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
PNE Group is a social-enterprise which exists to enable positive social and economic change, which means you’ll work for an organisation making a difference to communities across the North East, as well as within the UK. Employees benefits include:
- 5 annual professional development days
- £420 professional development budget
- Newcastle City Centre office location
- Cycle storage and showers
- Group Life Assurance scheme (after 12 months employment)
To apply, please send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter outlining why you are the best applicant for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the closing date for applications will be no later than 30 July 2021. This is an exciting role and we anticipate interest in the job will be high. We reserve the right to close the application window early therefore encourage an early application.
If you would like further information about this role please contact Billie Jenkins at email@example.com.
If you do not hear from us within 5 working days of the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.