Established in 1994, North Tyneside Carers’ Centre provides practical and emotional support to unpaid family carers in North Tyneside. We have secured additional funding from North Tyneside Clinical Commissioning Group to increase the support we provide to carers caring for someone with a mental health condition: We are therefore looking to recruit a:
Mental Health Carers Wellbeing Worker
Funded until 31st March 2020
37 hours per week
The post holder will work with adult carers caring for a family member or friend with a mental health condition to:
- Provide specialist information, advice and guidance.
- Support carers to understand their rights and make informed choices.
- Support carers to have a life outside of caring.
- Support carers to maintain their own health and wellbeing.
- Provide advocacy support for carers to ensure their views are considered during the care planning process.
- Develop and deliver targeted support to young adult carers.
- Co-deliver a programme of health and wellbeing group sessions.
The post holder will have:
At least 2 years’ experience of working with people with mental health issues and/ or their families;
Direct experience of providing support to adults on a one to one basis and in group settings;
Excellent communication and organisational skills;
Empathy, be approachable, caring and have a genuine desire to improve the lives of carers in North Tyneside.
Closing date: 12 Noon on Thursday 2nd May 2019
Interviews: Thursday 9th May 2019
Application packs are available via our website www.northtynesidecarers.org.uk
Completed application packs to be returned to;
North Tyneside Carers’ Centre, 3rd floor, YMCA Building, Church Way, North Shields, NE29 0AB.
North Tyneside Carers’ Centre is a registered charity – Charity no: 1051472