Established in 1994, North Tyneside Carers’ Centre provides practical and emotional support to unpaid family carers in North Tyneside. We have secured additional funding from North Tyneside Clinical Commissioning Group to increase the support we provide to carers caring for someone with a mental health condition: We are therefore looking to recruit a:
Mental Health Carers Wellbeing Worker
Funded until 31st March 2020
37 hours per week
The post holder will work with adult carers caring for a family member or friend with an enduring mental health condition and will:
- Provide time limited, tailored emotional, practical and/or advocacy support to meet a carers identified outcomes;
- Help carers develop a better understanding of the mental health condition of the person they care for and services that can support them;
- Advocate for carers so they get their voice heard, using mental health law and guidance to challenge decisions where needed;
- Maintain good long-term working relationships with mental health teams and other specialist services to raise awareness of carers’ issues and generate referrals to the Centre.
The post holder will have:
- At least 2 years’ experience of providing advice and support to people with an enduring mental health issue and/ or their families;
- Understanding of mental health law and the mental health system;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills and the confidence to challenge decisions where needed;
- Empathy, be approachable, caring and have a genuine desire to improve the lives of carers in North Tyneside.
Closing date: 12 Noon on 20 June 2019
Interviews: Thursday 27th June 2019
Previous applicants need not apply.
For an application pack please email email@example.com or ring Julie King on 0191 643 2298.
Completed application packs to be returned to:
North Tyneside Carers’ Centre, 3rd floor, YMCA Building, Church Way, North Shields, NE29 0AB.
North Tyneside Carers’ Centre is a registered charity – Charity no: 1051472