At Your Voice Counts, we help vulnerable people find a voice and gain control over their lives.
We help the people we support to speak up for what they want and need, to be better connected and to have choice and control in their lives.
Our values guide how we work and we are all responsible for putting these into practice every day:
- Equality - We champion equal opportunities for all
- Learn and Grow - We work together to make things better
- Working Together - We achieve more together than by acting alone
- Person Centred - We put people at the heart of everything we do
- Accountable - We are accountable to the people we support and to each other
This role will help us get better at Co-Production and develop more equal partnerships between the people who use our services, their carers and professionals.
It will create opportunities for people who use our services to shape how these services should be delivered and work with us, either as volunteers or as paid members of staff.
We want to share what we learn about Co-Production with other organisations so they can see how important it is to include people who use their services in their service delivery and development.
What this person will do:
- Review how Your Voice Counts involves people with lived experience in all our work including designing and delivering our services. This will include:
- Working with our advocacy team to review and develop feedback mechanisms and opportunities for co-production.
- Finding out what the people who use our services think about the support they receive and how it is delivered.
- Asking our team of people with lived experience to share their views about what we do well or what could be better.
- Asking our Staff and Board for their views on how we co-produce our work
- Make a plan from what they find out to share what we do well and what we could improve
- Share the plan with the Senior Team, support them to put the plan into action and give them feedback on the changes they make.
- Link with other organisations to share what we have learnt about working with people with lived experience and co-production, to learn from what they are doing and to encourage people to create more opportunities for people with lived experience.
- Be an active participant in the wider YVC team and seek to work with all YVC colleagues to deliver our strategy, maintain quality and embed the values of the organisation
- Support development and delivery of training
The person we are looking for will:
- Have experience of using mental health services.
- Be good at talking to different people like health and social care professionals, and people who use our service, including people who might struggle to communicate.
- Be a good listener.
- Be able to talk in front of a room of people and be comfortable working in groups.
- Be able to ask people questions and be interested in what they tell you about their experiences.
- Be happy to share their own experiences of living with a mental health issue and using services.
- Have experience of speaking up for themselves or for other people.
- Be able to challenge or disagree with people in a polite, respectful way.
- Be good at working together and in partnership with other people.
- Have experience of using Zoom, WhatsApp or Teams or be able and willing to learn how to do this well with support.
We will make sure that we support the person who gets this job to do all of these things, and to learn how to do them well.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.