Tuesday, 31 May, 2022 - 00:00
Pioneering Care Partnership
- To develop and provide physical activity programme to promote recovery and wellbeing for the Tees Esk and Wear Valley Community Team to improve the lives of people with mental ill health and learning disabilities.
- The ideal person would be motivated and enthusiastic and able to motivate patients into participating in physical activity.
- To provide dedicated physical activity coordination for the unit which motivates and engages patients.
- To work with the rehabilitation team to provide ongoing patient support in the unit and the community.
- To develop an essential element of provision to patients who are following an inpatient pathway and, in conjunction with the multi-disciplinary team and patients.
- To develop a positive engaging framework of activities which can be delivered across the wards to promote therapeutic recovery.
- To provide learning opportunities for patients which promote physical health through positive lifestyle choices.
- To be willing to carry out personal development and training to improve knowledge and skill base appropriate to the role.
- To provide a flexible approach in line with the needs of the service, which may include weekends and evenings.
- To provide recovery focused support for patients with enduring mental health conditions on the ward.
- To identify areas of service improvement seeking new and innovative ways to engage residents in activity.
- Enthusiastic delivery of activities working alone at times, and as part of multi-disciplinary team.
- To maintain professional boundaries and ensure that high standards of care are achieved at all times.
- To uphold PCP’s Core Values at all times.
- To operate within the policies and procedures of PCP, including confidentiality, safeguarding, information governance and data protection.
- To assist marketing and engagement work and use creative techniques to gather views from the communities we support.
- To actively take responsibility for your own Health & Safety and ensuring procedures are adhered to.
- To collate appropriate monitoring and evaluation information to support the achievement of agreed targets and outcomes within the project or service.
- To carry out all responsibilities in line with the organisation’s Equality & Diversity Policy.
- To recruit, support, train and motivate volunteers as required.
- To undertake any training and development deemed appropriate.
- To undertake any such duties required by your Senior Manager or PCP Chief Executive.