Main purpose of the role:
To work as a member of The Key Delivery Team to coordinate delivery of external activities to meet project milestones, contract obligations and operational objectives.
- To support the Project Manager with the recruitment and retention of our network of members and volunteers, including training and supporting Key Facilitators to directly deliver The Key Framework and ensuring they reflect the ethos and values of The Key.
- To support the Project Manager to deliver on new and existing contracts on time, on budget and to target.
- To recruit, train and support volunteers from businesses, alumni and other appropriate sources so that volunteers are available to support young people to develop projects.
- To support the delivery of The Key’s Youth Engagement Strategy, including working with member organisations and young people to develop effective ways of including young people in the governance, decision making, impact management and marketing of The Key.
- To support the Project Manager to gather and interpret stakeholder feedback and conduct project evaluations.
- To collect, collate, interpret and report on qualitative and quantitative data.
- To support the development and delivery of events and activities to promote The Key.
- To contribute to the development of new markets for utilising The Key with young people, including identifying new initiatives and areas where The Key can increase its reach and the number of young people gaining access to The Key Framework.
Skills and experience
- Project co-ordination skills including appraisal and monitoring/evaluation.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds and abilities.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to regularly prepare and present quantitative and qualitative information, interpret data and actively use it to contribute to The Key’s decision making and planning.
- IT skills including Microsoft Office and database management.
- Experience of recruiting, training and managing volunteers.
- Experience of working in in the voluntary and community sector particularly the youth sector or with children and young people.
- Training qualification or experience.
- Experience of organising or planning events.
- Access to transport and ability to travel throughout the region
- Passionate about inspiring belief in young people.
- Drive, determination and genuine desire to go the extra mile.
- Ability to use initiative and proactively solve problems.
- Reliable, flexible, adaptable with a good attendance record.
- 39 hours per week (including one-hour lunch break per day)
- Permanent contract
- £19 - 21K per annum
- 27 days annual leave
- 6% employer contribution pension scheme (employee contribution of 3%)
Application process and timescales:
- To apply, please send a CV (no more than 2 pages) and a one page covering letter to email@example.com or The Team, The Key, 32 Kingsway House, Kingsway, Team Valley, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, NE11 0HW.
- Closing Date: 3pm Friday 25th October 2019
- Interviews to be held on Monday 11th November 2019
Please contact Una MacDermott (Project Manager) if you have any questions regarding the role, or for an informal discussion, on 0191 7317832 or firstname.lastname@example.org