Walking With in North Tyneside supports asylum seekers, refugees and others in need in North Tyneside and surrounding areas. From our centre in Wallsend we provide a Place of Welcome for clients who have located to North Tyneside and who are on their journey to Right to Remain in the UK or have achieved Right to Remain status. Further details are available from our website: www.walkingwith.co.uk
Walking With has been successful in securing an initial 12-month contract from the NHS Clinical Commissioning Group in North Tyneside to deliver a sustainable programme of health-related activities including healthy eating courses, tiered physical activities focussing on combatting obesity and unhealthy diet, sessions in wellness, mindfulness and alternative health provision to address the mental and physical health needs of our clients, delivered in-house and elsewhere including in partnership with professional practitioners, supported by our volunteers.
We seek a Project Co-ordinator (0.6) to work on a fixed-term contract for 12 months (with possible continuation of role subject to funding) to, lead on all aspects of the project. Line management will be by the Chief Executive Officer of Walking With in North Tyneside.
To identify and recruit the client group
To consult with the group to determine self-identified needs and aspirations
To define the identified physical and mental needs of the group
To design a specific programme to meet identified needs in partnership with selected partners as appropriate
To consider and agree new approaches to health-centred service delivery after appropriate research and consultation
To link the programme and methodology to the stated CCG priorities
To deliver the programme within the agreed timescale
To meet and report on the specified outputs and outcomes agreed for this project
To evaluate and report to trustees on the programme delivery, identifying any learning points suitable for wider dissemination
To agree any further interventions based on the outcomes of this work
Salary: £11400 pa for 22 hours per week.
- Experience of working in the voluntary sector
- A clear understanding of the benefits of preventative health programmes
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent administrative and numeracy skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proven ability to motivate volunteers
- Willingness and availability to work flexible hours when required
- Ability to build successful relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with partners in the voluntary, community and education sectors
- Ability to work unsupervised, on own initiative within agreed guidelines
- Ability to work as team player
- Experience/clear understanding of an outcomes-based approach
- Good IT skills
- Experience of working with the refugee and asylum seeker community
- Some understanding of the legal and social conditions which apply to refugees and asylum seekers in the UK
- Ability to manage data bases and similar processes
- Have access to own transport during the working day
- A clear understanding of safeguarding procedures
- 30 days holiday per year pro rata plus statutory bank holidays. Annual leave needs to be retained for Christmas/New Year closure of the organisation.
- Employer-matched pension scheme available
Main base of work: Walking With Centre, Church House, Hugh Street, Wallsend NE28 6RL
Employment is subject to a successful three-month probationary period
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants who should forward:
- A current CV
- A letter of application which addresses the requirements of the person specification in detail.
These should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org by December 6th 2019. Interviews will be held on December 19th 2019. Applicants who have not been invited to attend by this date should assume they have been unsuccessful. The successful candidate will commence employment on January 6th 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.