Walking With in North Tyneside
Commissioned by North East and North Cumbria Integrated Care System (ICS)
Walking With in North Tyneside supports asylum seekers, refugees and others in need in North Tyneside and surrounding areas. From our centre in Wallsend, we provide a Place of Welcome for clients who have located to North Tyneside and who are on their journey to Right to Remain in the UK or have achieved Right to Remain status. Further details are available from our website: www.walkingwith.co.uk
Walking With has been successful in securing a contract from North East and North Cumbria Integrated Care System (ICS) to deliver a sustainable programme of health-related activities including; tiered physical activities delivered in-house and elsewhere including in partnership with professional practitioners, supported by our volunteers
We seek a Project Co-ordinator to work 22 hours per week on a fixed-term contract for 12 months to lead on all aspects of the project. Line management will be by the Chief Executive Officer of Walking With in North Tyneside.
To identify and recruit the client group
To consult with the group to determine self-identified needs and aspirations
To define the identified physical and mental needs of the group
To design a specific programme to meet identified needs in partnership with selected partners as appropriate
To consider and agree new approaches to health-centred service delivery after appropriate research and consultation
To link the programme and methodology to the stated ICS priorities
To deliver the programme within the agreed timescale
To meet and report on the specified outputs and outcomes agreed for this project
To evaluate and report to trustees on the programme delivery, identifying any learning points suitable for wider dissemination
To agree any further interventions based on the outcomes of this work
Salary: £11.400 pa, plus pension (NEST) for 22 hours per week.
- Strong team player
- Experience of working in the voluntary sector
- A clear understanding of the benefits of preventative health programmes
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent administrative and numeracy and IT skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent time-management
- Successful experience of organising health-related physical activities for groups and individuals
- Willingness and availability to work flexible hours when required
- Ability to build successful relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with partners in the voluntary, community and education sectors
- Ability to work unsupervised, on own initiative within agreed guidelines
- Experience/clear understanding of an outcomes-based approach
- A clear understanding of safeguarding procedures
- Experience of working with the refugee and asylum seeker community
- Some understanding of the legal and social conditions which apply to refugees and asylum seekers in the UK
- Ability to manage data bases and similar processes
- 30 days holiday per year pro rata plus statutory bank holidays. Annual leave needs to be retained for Christmas/New Year closure of the organisation.
- Employer-matched pension scheme available
Main base of work: Walking With Centre, Church House, Hugh Street, Wallsend NE28 6RL
Employment is subject to a successful three-month probationary period
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants who should forward:
- A current CV
- Completed application form
These should be forwarded to the Chief Executive Officer of Walking with North Tyneside Joan Hoult: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy sent to Partnership Development officer Jodi Dinkelman: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 19th August 2022 at 5pm.
Interviews to be held at Walking with Centre in Wallsend.
Applicants who have not been invited to attend an interview by this date should assume they have been unsuccessful.