New Beginnings (NE) Ltd are a company who provides support to adults with learning disabilities and health needs, who are living independently in their own homes. We received a rating of Outstanding in our 2018 CQC Inspection.
Due to expansion we are creating a new exciting job role and are looking for a dynamic part time experienced Project Worker to work in our Personalisation & Wellbeing Department, in a supportive role to the Managers. You must have experience of working with adults with a range of complex needs.
As a Project Worker you will be expected to make a real difference to the people you support, guiding them to make choices, achieve positive outcomes and enhance their skills and abilities so that they can live as independently as possible in the community.
Characteristics we are looking for include: a positive and proactive attitude and approach in working with the people we support and their staff teams alike, creativity; honesty; patience; flexibility and good listening skills as well as excellent communication skills are required.
Evidence that you have at least 2 years’ experience of working in supported living services or with adults with learning disabilities/autism/mental health issues.
You will be able to demonstrate that you can work independently as well as part of a team.
Knowledge and experience of Person-Centred Planning is desirable.
You will be office based but expected to use your initiative and work alongside the people we support in their own homes and various community/group settings, using your skills to achieve the best possible outcomes for our Service Users.
Duties will include:
- Planning activities and events.
- Researching opportunities with and for Service Users.
- Researching and arranging activities.
- Guiding the Service User forum and facilitating Service User action groups.
- Delivering training to staff which focusses on the person-centred practice of active support to meet individual needs and aspirations. Training must ensure that staff are empowered to work with the people using our services so that they are provided with the correct level of support to ensure their independence is maintained and developed thus enabling them to engage or participate in all activities that make up day-to-day living.
- Creating newsletters/flyers and other information in a range of formats and co-ordinating media group activities.
- Support Service Users to access information and advice, enabling them to make informed choices.
- Working alongside health and wellbeing professionals/external agencies.
- Increasing community participation and developing service user involvement.
- To review progress, create personalised support plans and document and update accordingly
- To liaise with agencies on behalf of and with Service Users, including meetings and reviews.
- Promote a person centred approach with colleagues, family representatives and professionals alike.
- Monitor evaluate and develop new projects and service user interest areas.
What we offer:
Hourly rate - £10.50 – 24 hour per week contract (over 3 days)
6 weeks paid holiday per year (pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays.
Company health scheme (upon completion of 6-month probationary period)
A chance to learn and develop new skills – through courses and training.