FoodCycle Regional Manager
If you love food and people then this is the ideal job for you!
FoodCycle is expanding into Yorkshire and Teesside. We are keen to open a number of Community Dining Projects in Leeds, Middlesbrough and Hartlepool.
In this role you will have the opportunity to develop and open these projects ensuring people can look forward to a hearty weekly meal in their local community where they will make friends and feel well nourished.
You will manage recruit and train local volunteers to be empowered to run these projects. You will liaise with a network of charities, build local relationships with supermarkets, assess venues for suitability and create the most incredible community events in your area.
An excellent communicator, you will manage the volunteers at each Project ensuring they are trained, supported and on-message with FoodCycle strategy, ensuring that volunteers are confident enough to self-organise and make a success of their Projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Expansion and setting up of new Projects within the region
- Volunteer management and recruitment – directly manage and support allocated regional FoodCycle Projects with full teams of Project leaders who are trained and empowered to run their local projects
- Monitoring and evaluation - with the Northern Area Manager and Head of Programmes, ensure impact and outputs monitoring takes place across the programme
- Training – support the Projects team to develop and deliver training and resources for Projects (online and offline) and provide training at our Volunteer Conference.
- Communications – working with the Communications team to manage volunteer communications within your region, including monthly content for newsletters, updating the website, social media and other channels. Be an advocate for FoodCycle at external meetings
- Supermarkets and Independent store relationships – Develop supermarket and local store relationships at a community level.
- Venues – liaise and form relationships with venues to enable them to further support our work and keep costs and disruption to a minimum
- Guest – ensure that all guest experiences are positive and continue guest outreach within the area to ensure as many people as possible can access our meals safely
- Policies and Procedures – ensure you are fully familiar with all of FoodCycle’s policies in procedures, and that you encourage your volunteers and guests to be aware of policies and procedures that are relevant to them
- Updating Salesforce – with relevant data regarding your projects including volunteers, surplus food suppliers, venue data, weekly project reports and key relationship management data
- Support the rest of the Projects team with ad hoc duties aligned with Food Cycle objectives
Working at FoodCycle
Holidays: 23 working days (along with additional Christmas Close down days)
Pension: There is a pension scheme available – new staff are automatically enrolled after three month unless you choose to opt out.
Flexible working: We love flexible working! You will be on a flexible working contract, which means that you get to plan your week
Team working: We are a small but great team – super supportive and always willing to help each other out.
Equipment: Whilst working with FoodCycle you will be provided with a work mobile and laptop
FoodCycle is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
The role advertised is ‘Regulated Activity’ and as such is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and that all potential applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure check
Applying for this role
What to send: A CV of no more than two sides, and a covering note/letter of no more than two sides explaining why you are suitable for the role. We will be following our recruitment process as we receive applications so best to send before the deadline
Where to send it: APPLY FOR FOODCYCLE REGIONAL MANAGER ROLE HERE
Deadline for your application: Sunday 16th May 2021
Online Test: following shortlist but as applications are received
First round Interview dates: 20th May 2021