Are you looking for an exciting new role to make a difference to children and young people’s lives?
Artemis Support are a local children’s home provider with an established reputation of over 10 years providing excellent care to children and young people across the Tyne & Wear location.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual with a passion to help and support children and young people aged from 10-18 years to achieve their true potential in life.
This particular home is based in Gateshead and cares for children and young people with Social, Emotional Behaviour.
*Please note that an enhanced DBS check is a requirement for this position*
As a Residential Support Worker, you will work within a team to support the needs of each young person. It is your role to provide a supporting, caring, and safe environment for all young people in our homes.
- Support and encourage in educational development.
- Assist in addressing health needs and promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Manage care in the home, by guidance and de-escalation and positive support.
- Plan and deliver activities for young people both internal and external.
- Facilitate and encourage contact between young people and their families and the local communities.
- Assist in the social, emotional, and physical development of all young people.
- Help adopt a positive outlook on life.
- Minimum 6 months experience in positive behaviour support
- Minimum 6 months experience within children's residential support or similar
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
- Completed or willing to complete Level 3 in Residential Childcare (or similar).
- Hold full Driving Licence.
- Adaptable, approachable, and friendly manner.
- Ability to work using own initiative and as part of a team.
- DBS on the Update Service is desirable but not essential.
- Be able to work across shifts including long days and sleep overs
- Full training including Diploma Qualification.
- Career advancement and professional development.
- Long service additional holiday entitlement.
- Company Pension scheme.
- Bonus including £200 refer a friend bonus.
- Enhanced DBS check paid for by Artemis.
- Entitlement to 28 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Reflective supervision for development and support
To apply for the position, please complete an application form through the following site: https://www.artemissupport.com/work-with-us/
Shift Times May Include
3 Week rolling rota including 07:00am - 11:00pm, Sleep ins and 07:00am - 7:00pm - this will be discussed further on interview.
- Children Support Work or similar: 1 year
- Driving Licence (Preferred)