Over View and Context:
Roseworth Big Local is one of 150 areas in England chosen to deliver Big Local – a community led, 10-year programme funded by the National Lottery Community Fund which helps residents create lasting change through an investment of at least £1 million.
Roseworth Big Local puts residents and their community firmly in the driving seat enabling them to identify local needs, take action and make an impact. It is all about delivering in partnership, making the best of local knowledge, skills, ambition and enthusiasm to make Roseworth an even better place to live.
Catalyst in its role as the Local Trusted Organisation for Roseworth Big Local will employ The Roseworth Big Local Community Development Worker. This role will be to support the Big Local Board in building its capacity and learning; the delivery of the current and ongoing Roseworth Big Local Delivery Plan (RBL) and manage external commissioned contracts. Whilst an office base is available within Catalyst the role will entail working in Roseworth, with local residents from the estate to build on existing capacity to increase community involvement in the Big Local Board.
As an employee of Catalyst, you will be expected to:
• Participate in regular supervision
• Attend all mandatory training
• Comply with all policies, procedures and protocols of the Locally Trusted Organisation
• Pay regard to materials and equipment
• Carry out duties with due regard to the Equal Opportunity Policy.
• Seek advice and support from the Catalyst Stockton Voice Worker whenever necessary.
In the role of Community Development Worker, you'll help be expected to work with the Roseworth community to bring about social change and improve the quality of life in their local area in accordance with the priorities of the RBL and that of the Local Trust. This might mean you will work with individuals, families or whole communities, empowering them to:
- identify their assets, needs, opportunities, rights and responsibilities
- plan what they want to achieve and take appropriate action
- develop activities and services to generate aspiration and confidence.
This role can act as the link between communities and a range of other local authority and voluntary sector providers, such as the police, social workers and teachers. More information on the Big Local Programme can be found following the link below:
For information specifically about Roseworth Big Local – go to FaceBook @RoseworthBigLocal
Roseworth Big Local is looking for an experienced, proactive and passionate community development worker with excellent communication and engagement skills, who can develop and support a range of activities and projects that bring the community together to achieve their goals. We are looking for:
- A pro-active, positive and enthusiastic approach, combined with a passion for working with a diverse range of communities and individuals.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to develop communication systems and marketing tools that motivate engagement.
- Be able to inspire, motivate and help people develop their potential.
- A good understanding of community development, which includes holding the relevant qualifications.
- At least three years track record of successful, engagement, outreach or community development, gained through paid employment or volunteering.
- Be able to demonstrate skills in outreach and community development, particularly in disadvantaged communities.
- Be able to create and use imaginative strategies to help residents work collectively to make a difference.
- Experience of bringing people together to establish small community groups, develop their own goals, and work towards sustainability.
- Experience of working, supporting, and managing volunteers.
- Able to manage and develop a range of communication platforms to ensure residents; stakeholders and partners are aware of RBL and opportunities for development.
- The determination and resilience to continue to be positive when faced with negative situations.
- The ability to be flexible in your working approach to include evening and weekend working.
- The ability to organise yourself and others, working responsibly at all times
- Possess excellent skills in all Microsoft programmes and Outlook
- Able to produce high quality reports; populate and update Roseworth Big Local Delivery Plans
- Support all Board Meetings with reports and other information as required.
- Able to deliver training to residents on the demands of running resident led board.