Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as the Senior Partnership & Innovation Officer in our work to help change outcomes for our poorest children in the UK.
Every child has the right to ensure that their basic needs are met, and to receive the encouragement and help which enables them to reach their full potential. The greatest barrier to this in the UK is poverty and inequality. Our mission is to secure a sustainable reduction in the number of children growing up in poverty and work to narrow the learning gap between those children and their better off peers.
Children’s Communities are networks that aim to bring together local services and systems leaders to create and deliver an ambitious vision for local children and families. The aim to ensure that local services work together to meet the needs of children, across all aspects of their lives and all stages of their childhood, to give them a brighter future.
As Senior Partnership & Innovation Officer you will support the Executive Lead in the progression of the Children’s Community by developing and maintaining relationships with a wide range of community groups, organisations, partnerships and networks across the Children’s Community, North of Tyne and nationally. Working with local communities and partners to generate the learning and evidence required to fulfil the national change strategy, through delivery, development and testing of effective and evidence-informed practice approaches that better support children and young people living in poverty. Also:
- Contribute to our Local System Change ambition and innovation, ensuring that our work promotes and reflects local voices and experiences
- Support influencing for local and national change, by capturing and sharing of our learning, including supporting the creation of resources, driving local systems change work, organising events, and developing case studies
- Develop and manage effective communication strategies
To be successful you will be a strong team player, creative and flexible. Also, you will have experience of engaging and working with families to develop plans, proposals, and strategies, alongside experience of working effectively with partner organisations. Including:
- Experience in managing multiple activities at once and to resolve conflicting priorities
- An understanding of the nature and impact that poverty has on children, families and neighbourhoods and the barriers that communities face in seeking to bring about positive change
- Well-developed IT skills and proficiency in using Microsoft Office and Social Media
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website https://jobs.savethechildren.org.uk/vacancy/senior-partnership-and-innovation-officer-5446-wallsend-newcastle/5472/description/
Closing date: 5pm Wednesday 30th June 2021
First interview will be Thursday 8th July 2021